Coming soon – Drowning prevention and water safety handouts and resources provided to Pediatricians to share with their client families. The information provided will equip families with the water information necessary for them to enjoy water activities during all ages:
The handouts and resources will also be available at various hospital safety stores. Knowledge, vigilance and being prepared are the drowning prevention and water safety keys for families to confidently enjoy water-based activities. The information we will provide will provide the tools to help them them be aware and address:
- Practices to avoid near drowning or drowning accidents in backyard and inflatable pools, public/private pools, water parks and waterfronts.
- Proper vigilance and supervision during water based recreation activities, proper ‘spotting’ technique.
- Swimming lessons are extremely important in building skill and confidence, coupled with water condition awareness.
- The importance of learning CPR and basic first aid.
- Use of life vests during aquatic activities.
- A lifeguard’s responsibility is vigilance and protecting all participants’ safety, not daycare.
- Tips for enjoying water activities confidently and safely.